General Health Checks
Well woman check – is a full health check for all women, for your reassurance. It is an extensive check which aims to detect any health concerns at an early stage, hence can be addressed early to prevent future major health problems. It includes the following:
- Consultation with full history and Gynaecological examination
- General health assessment (Blood pressure and BMI (Body Mass Index) assessment)
- Cervical Smear if required– including HPV testing
- Genital swabs
- Contraception and sexual health review and advice
- Transvaginal Ultrasound Scan
- Blood tests to assess general health like – Haemoglobin, thyroid profile, cholesterol/ Lipid profile, vitamin D, blood glucose and ferritin levels. Other tests can also be arranged as per the indication.
- Treatment and further referral (if indicated)
Menopause health check for women over 50 years of age, which involves full assessment including Consultation, full history, Gynaecological Examination, transvaginal Scan, cervical smear (if due for one), General health assessment including Blood pressure and BMI (Body Mass Index) assessment. The consultation also involves discussion about issues around menopause, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and non-hormonal or natural remedies/ ways to cope with menopausal symptoms.
- Blood tests can be arranged to assess general health – Haemoglobin, thyroid profile, cholesterol profile (lipid profile), vitamin D, blood glucose and ferritin levels. Other tests can also be arranged as per the indication.
- Additional tests, which can be arranged, are breast USS/ Mammograms and bone density scans for osteoporosis if necessary.
Pre-pregnancy Health checks are for all women contemplating pregnancy. It involves a full general and Gynaecological health check to optimise the health pre-pregnancy. General advice regarding health & wellbeing, making sure that you are in best health pre-pregnancy.
It involves consultation, all necessary blood tests, transvaginal scan and addressing any concerns.
Fertility Health Checks are for women/ couple wishing to check their fertility potential, especially after 35 years of age. It involves consultation, Abdominal and pelvic examination, pre-conception advice with Transvaginal Scan and specialised blood tests including
- Day 2-5 FSH, LH, oestradiol (Ovarian hormones),
- AMH (test for ovarian reserve)
- Day 21 progesterone test (test of ovulation)
- Thyroid function tests